Hi Lovelies. We all know I’m a sucker for a themed “event” so of course I’ve got some Valentine’s post coming up. This week it’s all about the Valentine’s Lipstick. We have a few pink options, a nude and of course a red. Pink isn’t my usual colour, but we can’t deny it’s perfect for Valentine’s Day so I couldn’t resist. I went for a few different finishes, matte, high shine, glitter topper and plumping, so hopefully theres one for everyone.
As I said Pink isn’t my first, or even second, choice BUT it’s a lot of peoples pick for Valentine’s Day so here’s my top choices for Pink Valentine’s Lipstick, that aren’t all lipsticks. Ha! Ha! As with any colour, they can work for you, you just need to find the right shade. I wasn’t too concerned with what shade was gonna work for me to be honest, I just selected the loud and proud shades. I’d be open to suggestions of a shade that you think might suit me so feel free to leave a comment below.
- Get the color payoff you’ve been craving—with a bold, lacquered finish; this ultra-shiny, pigment-rich liquid lipstick isn’t playing games! Your lips look plumped with all that shine, but aren’t sticky like a traditional lip gloss.
- Looks lush, feels luscious: We infused this high-pigment lip lacquer with vitamin E, shea butter, and aloe-leaf extract and added an addictive creamy mango & whipped vanilla fragrance to make the experience even better.
Catrice – Power Plumping Gel Lipstick in For The Brave.
For perfectly kissable lips: the high-gloss lipsticks smoothen the lips thanks to moisturising hyaluronic acid and visibly plumps them. The lipsticks are available in ten trendy colours and the gel texture feels pleasantly light.
For a perfectly applied lipstick, first use a lip liner to outline the lips. Then comes the lipstick. It’s best to paint the lips with a lip brush, as the fine lip tip can be used to apply the colour very accurately. To do this, use a brush to capture the colour and fill out the lips evenly within the pre-drawn line.
Mac Cosmetics – All Fired Up, Retro Matte Lipstick.
KEY CLAIMS AND BENEFITS
- – Long-wearing, eight hours
- – Non-feathering
- – Fade-proof
This can be worn alone or on top of lipstick for a multidimensional, EXTRA look.
- Long Lasting
- Smudge Proof
- Non Drying
I struggle a little bit with Nude lipsticks, I’m a bit too pink and pale for most of them. This is something I’ve only realised lately. That’s one of the reasons I added it to my Shopping Ban post, just so I can really go through all my shades and figure out what works for me. I chose this one from YSL because it’s on the pinker side and gives the lips a lovely natural sheen and smells divine. Not to mention the stunning packaging.
My go to power colour. I have many a red lip colour, and of course I love them all. At Christmas Jarek got me a new Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution lipstick in red and its on the pinker side so I thought it would be perfect for this post. I really love CT products, although I’ve heard now that they aren’t cruelty free any more.
Charlotte Tilbury – Matte Revolution Lipstick in Red Carpet Red
WHAT MAKES MATTE REVOLUTION MAGIC?
- Get show stopping style in one swipe of a lipstick!
- Soften, protect & hydrate your lips with the Lipstick Tree & Orchid extracts for a healthy-looking pout
- Create the illusion of lit-from-within lips with 3D glowing pigments
- Mimic the shape of a lip brush with the square, angled tip for an extra precise application
- Long-lasting colour can be yours with a mix of triglycerides & oils and waxes
Hopefully you enjoyed this little look at my Valentine’s Lipstick picks, hopefully I’ll have some in-dept reviews on some of the above and I’ll link them at a later stage. I really love lipstick, hopefully that’s obvious, sometimes I find it hard to know if I’m putting out the “right” stuff. Meaning is the correct me and what I like coming across.
Till nest time.